Parliament, Sunday, 9 January 2022 – President Cyril Ramaphosa will deliver his State of the Nation Address (SONA) to the Joint Sitting of the National Assembly and the National Council of Provinces on Thursday, 10 February 2022, at 7 pm at the Cape Town City Hall.
The President calls this joint sitting of the Houses of Parliament to set out the government’s key policy objectives and deliverables for the year ahead. During SONA, the President also highlight achievements, flag challenges and outline interventions that will be undertaken to unlock development interventions for the coming financial year.
The media is encouraged to apply for accreditation to facilitate smooth access to the event.
Online applications for accreditation are open to all members of the media wishing to cover the SONA ceremony. Applications can be made on the SONA 2022 MEDIA ACCREDITATION link and should be completed by 5 pm on Friday, 14 January 2022.
Members of the media are urged to apply within the set timeframe; no extension will be granted. Due to the limited number of people permitted at the venue, access will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis for compliance to Covid-19 protocol.
Information required on the online application form includes:
- Full name as it appears on the identity document
- ID number
- Name of media organisation and media group
- Designation (writer, photographer)
- Email address, telephone number and mobile phone number
Media requesting to broadcast from the City Hall must also provide the following additional information:
- Make and registration number(s) of vehicle(s) needed for broadcast
- Service provider clearance certificates for proposed temporary broadcast-related structures
- Other equipment
- Date and time of arrival and departure
For assistance with media accreditation please contact:
- Mlindi Mpindi (Mmpindi@parliament.gov.za), 081 716 7329 and
- Nolizwi Magwagwa (email@example.com) 081 716 5824
ISSUED BY THE PARLIAMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA
Enquiries: Moloto Mothapo