Parliament of the RSA uses an online recruitment system to manage employment opportunities and vacancies within the Parliamentary Services Administration. All interested applicants should follow the steps listed below to register their profile and apply for positions advertised.
LIST OF VACANCIES
For more details on the list of vacancies please search in the links below. Tip: Filter your search to ‘Date posted – last 2/3 weeks to get a full updated listing”
- INTERNAL APPLICANTS (Person currently employed by Parliament, excluding Interns)
- EXTERNAL APPLICANTS (Person that has never been employed by Parliament)
- EX-EMPLOYEE (Person that was previously employed by Parliament including previously employed Interns and existing Interns)
HOW TO APPLY
- STEP ONE: Register Your Profile on the iRecruitment System here
- STEP TWO: Update All Your Required Personal Information, Work Experience and Upload All Necessary Certified Supporting Documentation (Qualification Certificate/s, ID, CV etc.)
NB: Please ensure that you have electronic copies of the following at hand for easy upload onto the system and make sure that your profile information is updated and saved.
- Certified copy of ID
- Certified Copies of all Academic Qualifications
- STEP THREE: Apply for the Position/s of Interest
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (I-RECRUITMENT)
Regret correspondence will only be with interviewed applicants.
All successful candidates will be expected to sign a performance agreement.
The Parliamentary Services Administration applies the principles of Affirmative Action and equal opportunities.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to the necessary security and information verification such as citizenship status, security vetting and qualifications.
All appointments will be subject to a positive security clearance by the South African Police Service (SAPS) and the State Security Agency (SSA).
Parliament reserves the right not to make an appointment.
CONTACT USEMAIL: email@example.com
An activist and responsive people’s Parliament that improves the quality of life of South Africans and ensures enduring equality in our society.
Parliament aims to provide a service to the people of South Africa by providing the following:
- A vibrant people’s assembly that intervenes and transforms society and addresses the development challenges of our people;
- Effective oversight over the Executive by strengthening its scrutiny of actions against the needs of South Africans;
- Participation of South Africans in the decision-making processes that affect their lives;
- A healthy relationship between the three arms of the State, that promotes efficient co-operative governance between the spheres of government, and ensures appropriate links with our region and the world; and
- An innovative, transformative, effective and efficient parliamentary service and administration that enables Members of Parliament to fulfil their constitutional responsibilities.
All Parliamentary officials are employed by the Parliamentary Services Administration which is headed by the Secretary to Parliament.
The role of the Parliamentary Services Administration is to support the effective functioning of Parliament and Members of Parliament (MP’s) in fulfilling their constitutional mandate.
The range of services provided by the Parliamentary Services Administration include (but is not limited to):
- Table administrative and procedural support services
- Committee secretarial and administrative support services
- Library and research services
- Constitutional legal drafting and advisory services
- Language translation, reporting and interpreting support services
- Security services
- Building facilities management and catering services
- Human Resources, Technology, Communications, Financial Management services
REMUNERATION & BENEFITS
Remuneration PackageThe Parliamentary Services Administration offers a total cost to company (CTC) remuneration package which is all inclusive of the basic benefits such as: -
- Medical aid
- Pension fund
- 13th Cheque
Group Life Insurance & Family Funeral PlanAll employees are insured by the Institution’s Group Life Scheme which covers employees in the event of their death and /or disability.
Employees and their immediate family members (spouse and dependents) are also covered by the Family Funeral Plan.
DEVELOPMENT & GROWTH
The Parliamentary Services Administration encourages an environment of excellence, continuous improvement, learning and growth. It provides development opportunities to its employees aligned to personal development plans through initiatives such as: -
- e-Learning courses and programmes
- Short training courses and programmes
The Parliamentary Services Administration aims to create a healthy, safe and conducive working environment for its employees. Various wellness initiatives are in place to support employees.
- Employee Assistance Programme where employees and their immediate dependents have access to the telephonic counselling services for work or non-work related matters. This service is available 24/7/365, provided in all of the 11 official South African languages.
- Membership to the Parliamentary sports and recreation clubs (Cricket, Rugby, Soccer, Golf, Hiking, Chess, Table Tennis, Athletics, Cycling, Tennis, Yoga and Tai Chi etc.)
- Wellness awareness days to promote a healthy lifestyle and to create general awareness around the management of chronic illnesses and diseases.
- Access to the onsite emergency clinic in the case of an emergency.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
- Do you value professionalism and are you able to work well independently and within a team?
- Do you have lots of energy and drive and are you able to adapt to an ever changing environment?
- Are you focused on delivering results and consistently going the extra mile for your customers and stakeholders?
- Do you have a tactful and diplomatic approach when dealing with customers and stakeholders?
- Are you willing to learn and wanting to invest in your personal development?
- Do you enjoy making use of technology to improve the way you work?
- Do you value accountability and are you able to maintain integrity in everything you do?
- Do you have a strong sense of organisational awareness and commitment?
Parliament's graduate programme is advertised on annual basis at end of April, beginning of May. Alerts will also be posted here.