Parliament, Monday 09 December 2019 – President Cyril Ramaphosa will deliver his State of the Nation Address (SONA) to the joint sitting of the National Assembly and the National Council of Provinces on Thursday, 13 February 2020 at 7pm.
The President calls this joint sitting in order to set out government’s key policy objectives and deliverables for the year ahead. During SONA the President also highlights achievements, flags challenges and outlines interventions that will be undertaken to unlock development interventions for the coming financial year. The SONA marks the “official start” of the Parliamentary programme for the year ahead.
Online applications for accreditation are open to all members of the media wishing to cover the SONA ceremony from Parliament. Applications can be made on the link “2020 SONA MEDIA ACCREDITATION” and should be completed by 5pm on Wednesday, 15 January 2020.
Members of the media are urged to apply within the set timeframe as no extension will be made beyond the dateline.
Information required on the online application form includes:
- Full name as it appears on identity document
- ID number
- Name of media organisation and media group
- Designation (writer, photographer)
- Email address, telephone number and mobile phone number
Media requesting to broadcast from the parliamentary precinct must also provide the following additional information:
- Make and registration number(s) of vehicle(s) needed for broadcast
- Service provider clearance certificates for proposed temporary broadcast-related structures
- Other equipment
- Date and time of arrival and departure
For assistance with media accreditation please contact:
- Manelisi Ntsodo (email@example.com, 021 403 8494, 081 716 2021)
- Mlindi Mpindi (firstname.lastname@example.org, 021 403 2340, 081 716 7329)
ISSUED BY THE PARLIAMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA
Enquiries: Moloto Mothapo 082 370 6930