Parliament, Monday 08 January 2018 – The President of the Republic of South Africa, Mr Jacob Zuma, will deliver the State of the Nation Address to a joint sitting of the National Assembly and the National Council of Provinces on Thursday, 8 February 2018 at 7pm.
The State of the Nation Address (SONA) sets out government’s key policy objectives and deliverables for the year ahead, highlights achievements, flags challenges and outlined interventions to unlock development interventions for the coming financial year. The SONA marks the official start of the Parliamentary programme.
Online applications for accreditation are open to all members of the media wishing to cover the ceremonial procession and the State of the Nation Address from Parliament. Applications, available on the link above or this web address (https://www.parliament.gov.za/media-accreditation/1), should be completed by 5pm on Friday, 12 January 2018.
NB: WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCEPT ACCREDITATION REQUESTS AFTER THE DEADLINE OF 12 JANUARY 2018.
Information required on the online application form includes:
- Full name as it appears on identity document
- ID number
- Name of media organisation and media group
- Designation (writer, photographer, for example)
- Email address, telephone number and mobile phone number
Media requesting to broadcast from the parliamentary precinct must also provide the following additional information:
- Make and registration number(s) of vehicle(s) needed for broadcast
- Service provider clearance certificates for proposed temporary broadcast-related structures
- Other equipment
- Date and time of arrival and departure
The additional information listed above must be sent to:
- Manelisi Ntsodo (firstname.lastname@example.org, 021 403 8494, 081 716 2021)
- Mlindi Mpindi (email@example.com, 021 403 2340, 081 716 7329)
ISSUED BY THE PARLIAMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA
Enquiries: Moloto Mothapo 082 370 6930