Parliament, Monday, 14 December 2020 – President Cyril Ramaphosa will deliver his State of the Nation Address (SONA) to the Joint Sitting of the National Assembly and the National Council of Provinces on Thursday, 11 February 2021 at 7 pm.
The President calls this joint sitting in order to set out government’s key policy objectives and deliverables for the year ahead. During SONA the President also highlights achievements, flags challenges and outlines interventions that will be undertaken to unlock development interventions for the coming financial year. The SONA marks the “official start” of the Parliamentary programme for the year ahead.
The media is encouraged to apply for accreditation for smooth facilitation of access to the event.
Online applications for accreditation are open to all members of the media wishing to cover the SONA ceremony from Parliament. Applications can be made on the link “SONA 2021 MEDIA ACCREDITATION” and should be completed by 5 pm on Friday, 15 January 2021.
Members of the media are urged to apply within the set timeframe as no extension will be made beyond the deadline. Due to the limited number of persons permitted on the precincts owing to Covid-19, access will be granted on a first come first-served basis.
Information required on the online application form includes:
- Full name as it appears on the identity document
- ID number
- Name of media organisation and media group
- Designation (writer, photographer)
- Email address, telephone number and mobile phone number
Media requesting to broadcast from the parliamentary precinct must also provide the following additional information:
- Make and registration number(s) of vehicle(s) needed for broadcast
- Service provider clearance certificates for proposed temporary broadcast-related structures
- Other equipment
- Date and time of arrival and departure
For assistance with media accreditation please contact:
- Masego Dlula (email@example.com), 081 715 9398) and
- Nolizwi Magwagwa (firstname.lastname@example.org) 081 716 5824)
ISSUED BY THE PARLIAMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA
Enquiries: Moloto Mothapo 082 370 6930