WEDNESDAY, 30 OCTOBER
9.00 TO 12.30
E249, NATIONAL ASSEMBLY BUILDING, PARLIAMENT
Parliament, Tuesday 29 October 2013 - The Speaker of the National Assembly (NA), Mr Max Sisulu, and the Deputy Speaker, Ms NomaIndiya Mfeketo, will tomorrow hold discussions with the Institutions Supporting Democracy (ISDs).
Issues for discussion include the relationship between the ISDs and Parliament, a funding model for the ISDs and the processing of the report of the Ad-hoc Committee on Chapter 9 and Associated Institutions.
House Chairpersons of the NA and Chairpersons of Portfolio Committees which oversee the ISDs are expected to attend the discussion.
ISD representatives who have confirmed their attendance are:
- Mr M Shozi (Commission for Gender Equality)
- Mr B Khumalo (Financial and Fiscal Commission)
- Rev W Mabuza (Commission for the Promotion and Protection of the Rights of Cultural, Religious and Linguistic Communities)
- Adv T Madonsela (Public Protector)
- Ms P M Tengeni (Public Service Commission Deputy Chairperson)
- Adv P Tlakula (Electoral Commission)
- Mr T Nombembe (Auditor-General)
- Mr T Makwetu (Deputy Auditor-General)
ISSUED BY THE PARLIAMENT OF THE RSA