Parliament, Monday 8 June 2020 – The National Assembly is scheduled to hold its second hybrid sitting tomorrow, Tuesday, 9 June 2020 at 14:00 to consider the following matters:
- Consideration of Report of PC on Social Development on Social Assistance Amendment Bill [B 8 – 2018] (s76(1)) (ATC, 19 March 2020, p 10)
- Consideration of Report of PC on Justice and Correctional Services on Prescription in Civil and Criminal Matters (Sexual Offences) Amendment Bill [B 22 - 2019] (ATC, 11 March 2020, p 11)
- Consideration of Report of PC on Justice and Correctional Services on Recognition of Customary Marriages Amendment Bill [B 12 ‑ 2019] (ATC, 11 March 2020, p 8)
- Consideration of Recommendation of candidates to fill five vacancies on Council of Independent Communications Authority of South Africa (Icasa) (Report of PC on Communications, (ATC, 13 May 2020, p 1)
- Consideration of First Report of the National Assembly Rules Committee, 2020 (Virtual Meetings), ATC, 2 June 2020, p 3)
- Consideration of Reports on Budget Votes (no debate)
Important to note:
Members of the media who wish to physically attend the Sitting should send their details (Full name, name of the media house, and ID or passport number) to Mlindi Mpindi on email: Mmpindi@parlaiment.gov.za no later than TODAY, 8 June 17:00
Parliamentary meetings are open to the media and the public. Journalists who are interested in covering these meetings (including receiving links to virtual meetings) are requested to forward their cellphone numbers to Mlindi Mpindi on email email@example.com for inclusion in the Parliamentary Communications Services WhatsApp Group, where such information is shared. Journalists are urged to forward these requests using their official email addresses (no private emails).
Members of the public may get involved and follow committee sittings live on Parliament TV (DSTV Channel 408), via live stream on Parliament YouTube channel and Twitter page on the links below. You may subscribe to the Parliament YouTube channel to receive instant notification of live feeds.
ISSUED BY THE PARLIAMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA
Enquiries: Moloto Mothapo 082 370