Parliament, Tuesday, 05 November 2019 – The Standing and Select Committees on Appropriations invite stakeholders and interested parties to submit written submissions on the 2019 Medium Term Budget Policy Statement (MTBPS) that was tabled before Parliament on 30 October 2019.
The Minister of Finance tabled the 2019 MTBPS (including the Division of Revenue Amendment Bill and the Adjustments Appropriation Bill) in accordance with section 6 (1) and section 12 of the Money Bills and Related Matters Act No. 9 of 2009 (as amended) (the Act). The National Assembly and National Council of Provinces’ Appropriations Committees are required, according to the Act, to consider and report on the following issues:
- the spending priorities of national government for the next three years;
- the proposed division of revenue between the spheres of government and between arms of government within a sphere for the next three years; and
- the proposed substantial adjustments to conditional grants to provinces and local government, if any.
Joint Public hearings will be held at Parliament as follows:
- Friday, 15 November 2019: 2019 Division of Revenue Amendment Bill (Standing Committee on Appropriations: NA and Select Committee on Appropriations: NCOP). Submissions and/or an indication of your intention to make a verbal presentation must be received by no later than 16:00 on Wednesday, 13 November 2019
- Friday, 29 November 2019: 2019 MTBPS and 2019 Adjustments Appropriation Bill (Standing Committee on Appropriations: NA and Select Committee on Appropriations: NCOP). Submissions and/or an indication of your intention to make a verbal presentation must be received by no later than 16:00 on Friday, 22 November 2019.
Submissions must be directed to the Committee Secretaries, Mr D Arends and Mr L Nodada, 3rd Floor, 90 Plein Street, Cape Town, 8000 or email@example.com / Lnodada@parliament.gov.za / or tel. (021) 403-8105 / (021) 403-3669 or fax: 086 6374 444 / 086 515 6822.
ISSUED BY PARLIAMENTARY COMMUNICATION SERVICES ON BEHALF OF THE CHAIRPERSONS OF THE STANDING AND SELECT COMMITTEES ON APPROPRIATIONS, MR SFISO BUTHELEZI AND MS DIKELEDI MAHLANGU.
For media enquiries or interviews with the Chairpersons, please contact:
Name: Felicia Lombard
Parliamentary Communication Services
Tel: 021 403 8285
Cell: 081 548 7011