Have Your Say: Select Committee on Land and Mineral Resources on Extension of Security of Tenure Amendment Bill [B 24b-2015]
The Select Committee on Land and Mineral Resources invites interested and affected parties to submit written comments on the Extension of Security of Tenure Amendment Bill [B 24B-2015] (S75)
The Bill seeks:
- to amend the Extension of Security of Tenure Act, 1997, so as to amend and insert certain definitions;
- to substitute the provision of subsidies with tenure grants;
- to further regulate the rights of occupiers; to provide for legal representation for occupiers;
- to further regulate the eviction of occupiers by enforcing alternative resolution mechanisms provided for in the Act;
- to provide for the establishment and operation of a Land Rights Management Board;
- to provide for the establishment and operation of Land Rights Management Committees to identify, monitor and settle land rights disputes; and
- to provide for matters connected therewith.
All Interested and affected parties wishing to comment on the above-mentioned Bill are kindly requested to forward written submissions to the Select Committee on Land and Mineral Resources by no later than Sunday, 20 May 2018.
All correspondence should be addressed to Mr OJ Sefako, Chairperson of the Select Committee on Land and Mineral Resources and marked for the attention of Mr Asgar A Bawa, PO Box 15, Parliament of South Africa, Cape Town, 8000 or e-mail to email@example.com; Telephone: (021) 403 3762; Fax: 086 543 3124 or Cell: 083 709 8530.
Copies of the Bill can be obtained from Mr A A Bawa or at www.parliament.gov.za.
Issued by: Mr OJ Sefako, MP Chairperson of the Select Committee on Land and Mineral Resources