Call for Submission and Comment: Portfolio Committee on Police on Critical Infrastructure Protection Bill [B22-2017]
The Portfolio Committee on Police invites interested people and stakeholders to submit written comments on the Critical Infrastructure Protection Bill [B 22-2017].
The Bill seeks:
- to provide for the identification and declaration of infrastructure as critical infrastructure;
- to provide for guidelines and factors to be taken into account to ensure transparent identification and
- declaration of critical infrastructure;
- to provide for measures to be put in place for the protection, safeguarding and resilience of critical
- to provide for the establishment of the Critical Infrastructure Council and its functions;
- to provide for the administration of the Act under the control of the National Commissioner as well as
- the functions of the National Commissioner in relation to the Act;
- to provide for the establishment of committees and their functions;
- to provide for the designation and functions of inspectors;
- to provide for the powers and duties of persons in control of critical infrastructure;
- to provide for reporting obligations; to provide for transitional arrangements;
- to provide for the repeal of the National Key Points Act, 1980, and related laws; and
- to provide for matters connected therewith.
Submissions must be addressed to the Portfolio Committee on Police, for attention: Ms Babalwa Mbengo, PO Box 15, Parliament of South Africa, Cape Town, 8000, and must be received by no later than 13:00 on Friday, 24 November 2017. Please indicate your interest in making a verbal presentation to the Committee.
For enquiries or to obtain a copy of the Bill, please contact Ms Babalwa Mbengo on Tel: 021 403 3741; Cell: 083 709 8489; e-mail: email@example.com or visit the Parliamentary website on www.parliament.gov.za.
Issued by Mr F Beukman, MP Chairperson of the Portfolio Committee on Police.