Have Your Say: The International Arbitration Bill [B10–2017]
Submissions and Hearings
The Portfolio Committee on Justice and Correctional Services invites stakeholders and interested persons to submit written submissions on the International Arbitration Bill [B10 – 2017]:
The purpose of the International Arbitration Bill is to:
- provide for the incorporation of the Model Law on International Commercial Arbitration, as adopted by the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law, into South African law;
- provide anew for the recognition and enforcement of foreign arbitral awards;
- repeal the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards Act, 1977;
- amend the Protection of Businesses Act, 1978, so as to delete an expression; and
- provide for matters connected therewith.
Submissions must be received by no later than 28 July 2017. Please indicate your interest in making a verbal presentation. Public hearings will be held in Parliament.
Submissions and enquiries must be directed to Mr V Ramaano, Portfolio Committee on Justice and Correctional Services, 3rd Floor, 90 Plein Street, Cape Town, 8000 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copies of the Bill may be obtained from Mr V Ramaano, tel: (021) 403-3820 or 083 709 8427 or www.parliament.gov.za
Issued by Hon. Dr Mathole Motshekga, MP, Chairperson: PC on Justice and Correctional Services