To amend the Domestic Violence Act, 1998, so as to—
• amend and insert certain definitions;
• further provide for the manner in which acts of domestic violence and matters related thereto, must be dealt with by certain functionaries, persons and Government departments;
• further regulate obtaining of protection orders in response to acts of domestic violence;
• delete and amend provisions of certain laws; and
• provide for matters connected therewith.
National Council of Provinces
Sent for Assent
If you would like to read or download the latest version of the bill, please click below.