● respect the right to privacy of an adult person to possess cannabis plant cultivation material; to cultivate a prescribed quantity of cannabis plants; to possess a prescribed quantity of cannabis; and to smoke and consume cannabis;
● regulate the possession of cannabis plant cultivation material; the cultivation of cannabis plants; the possession of cannabis; and the smoking and consumption of cannabis by an adult person;
● protect adults and children against the harms of cannabis;
● provide for the expungement of criminal records of persons convicted of possession or use of cannabis;
● delete and amend provisions of certain laws; and
● provide for matters connected therewith.
National Council of Provinces
Sent for Assent
If you would like to read or download the latest version of the bill, please click below.