Have Your Say: National Gambling Amendment Bill [B27-2018]
SUBMISSIONS AND HEARINGS
The Portfolio Committee on Trade and Industry invites interested individuals and stakeholders to submit written comments on the National Gambling Amendment Bill [B 27-2018].
The purpose of the Bill is:
- To amend the National Gambling Act, 2004, so as to amend and delete certain definitions
- To transfer the regulation of bets on national lottery, foreign lottery, lottery results and sports pools to the National Lotteries Commission
- To prohibit dog racing and bets on dog racing;
- To strengthen the regulation of casinos, limited pay-out machines and bingo;
- To provide for the procedure for the forfeiture of unlawful winnings to the National Gambling Regulator
- To provide for the regulation of the horseracing industry
- To provide for broad-based black economic empowerment in the gambling industry
- To provide for the repositioning of the National Gambling Board as a National Gambling Regulator
- To enhance the powers and duties of the gambling inspector
- To provide for certain new offences
- To provide for transitional arrangements, and
- To provide for matters connected therewith.
Interested individuals and groups wishing to comment are kindly requested to forward written submissions to the Committee by no later than Monday, 12 October 2018. Public hearings have been scheduled for 23, 24 and 26 October 2018.
Members of the public and stakeholders, who wish to obtain copies of the legislation, may contact the nearest Government Printers or contact the Committee Secretary on the contact numbers indicated below: All correspondence should be addressed to Ms J Fubbs, Chairperson: PC on Trade and Industry and marked for the attention of Mr A Hermans, Box 15, Parliament, Cape Town 8000. Submissions should be forwarded to the following email addresses: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org Enquiries may be directed to Mr A Hermans at 021 403 3776, fax no: 086 652 7753 or via e-mail: email@example.com or Mr T Madima at 021 403 3822 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Issued by: Ms J Fubbs, Chairperson: Portfolio Committee of Trade and Industry