Have Your Say: Portfolio Committee on Mineral Resources on Inquiry on Allegations on State Capture in the Department of Mineral Resources
The Portfolio Committee of Mineral Resources (PCMR) will be conducting an inquiry into alleged governance and maladministration issues within the Department of Minerals Resources in terms of National Assembly Rule 227 (1) (c).
The inquiry will focus, inter alia, on the following issues and matters related thereto-
- the role of Hon.Zwane and the DMR in facilitating the sale of all Glencore assets;
- alleged non-compliance with the Public Finance Management Act, 1999 resulting in fruitless and wasteful expenditure relating to travel arrangements made by the DMR for Hon. Zwane; [Dealt with in Public Protector’s report]
- alleged breach by Hon. Zwane of section 96 (2) of the Constitution and section 2 of the Executive Members Ethics Act, 1998 (Act 82 of 1998) as regards conflict of interest;
- the handling of Mining Rehabilitation Funds by the DMR and alleged non-compliance in respect thereof with the Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Act, 2002 (Act 28 of 2002) (“MPRDA”), the National Environmental Management Act, 1998 (Act 107 of 1998) (“NEMA”) and the Income Tax Act, 1962 (Act 58 of 1962); and
- whether the appointment and dismissal of officials in DMR were subject to any external undue influence.
Interested individuals and interested groups wishing to comment on the above-mentioned are kindly requested to forward written submissions to the Portfolio Committee on Mineral Resources by no later than Friday, 18 May 2018. Stakeholders interested in making oral submissions are also requested to make a written request or contact our office by no later than Friday, 18 May 2018.
All correspondence should be addressed to Mr S Luzipo, Chairperson of the Portfolio Committee on Mineral Resources and marked for the attention of Ms Ayanda Boss, PO Box 15, Parliament of South Africa, Cape Town, 8000 or e-mail to email@example.com; telephone: (021) 403 3768 or 083 709 8515.
Mr S Luzipo, MP
Chairperson of Portfolio Committee on Mineral Resources.