Have Your Say: Select Committee on Land and Mineral Resources On Liquor Products Amendment Bill [B 10b – 2016] (S75)
The Select Committee on Land and Mineral Resources invites interested and affected parties to submit written comments on the Liquor Products Amendment Bill [B 10B-2016] (S75).
The Bill seeks:
- to amend the Liquor Products Act, 1989, so as to insert certain definitions and to amend and delete others;
- to provide for the renaming and reconstitution of the Wine and Spirit Board and to limit its powers;
- to provide for requirements regarding beer, traditional African beer and other fermented beverages;
- to repeal a provision in respect of the authorisations regarding certain alcoholic products;
- to empower the Minister to designate a person to issue export certificates;
- to align certain provisions with the Constitution; to extend the Minister’s power to make regulations;
- to provide gender-equal terminology; and
- to provide for matters connected therewith.
All Interested and affected parties wishing to comment on the above-mentioned Bill are kindly requested to forward written submissions to the Select Committee on Land and Mineral Resources by no later than Sunday, 20 May 2018.
All correspondence should be addressed to Mr OJ Sefako, Chairperson of the Select Committee on Land and Mineral Resources and marked for the attention of Mr Asgar A Bawa, PO Box 15, Parliament of South Africa, Cape Town, 8000 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org; Telephone: (021) 403 3762; Fax: 086 543 3124 or Cell: 083 709 8530.
Copies of the Bill can be obtained from Mr A A Bawa or at www.parliament.gov.za.
Issued by: Mr OJ Sefako, MP Chairperson of the Select Committee on Land and Mineral Resources