Have Your Say: Road Accident Benefit Scheme (RABS) Bill [B 17 – 2017]
The Portfolio Committee on Transport invites interested people and stakeholders to submit written comments on the Road Accident Benefit Scheme (RABS) Bill [B 17 – 2017].
The Bill seeks:
- to provide for a social security scheme for the victims of road accidents;
- to establish the Road Accident Benefit Scheme Administrator to administer and implement the scheme;
- to provide a set of defined benefits on a no-fault basis to persons for bodily injury or death caused by or arising from road accidents;
- to exclude liability of certain persons otherwise liable for damages in terms of the common law; and
- to provide for matters connected therewith.
Enquiries, as well as written submissions, can be addressed to the Portfolio Committee on Transport, for the attention of Valerie Carelse, 3rd floor, W/S 3/79, 90 Plein Street, Cape Town, 8001, or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition to the written comments, please indicate your interest in making a verbal presentation to the Committee.
The closing date for written submissions is 30 November 2017.
Copies of the Bill can be obtained from Valerie Carelse on tel: 021-403 3272, cell: 083 709 8445 or www.parliament.gov.za.
Issued by Ms DP Magadzi, MP, Chairperson of the Portfolio Committee on Transport.