Invitation for Written Submissions on the Draft Money Bills Amendment Procedure and Related Matters Amendment Bill
The Standing Committee on Finance invites interested parties to submit written submissions on the draft Money Bills Amendment Procedure and Related Matters Amendment Bill and memorandum.
The draft Money Bills Amendment Procedure and Related Matters Amendment Bill aims to amend the Money Bills Amendment Procedure and Related Matters Act, 2009 by, amongst others:
- Inserting new definitions;
- Permitting the reasonable extension of timeframes to consider and pass money Bills, including the
- Division of Revenue Amendment Bill;
- Providing for the financial management of the Parliamentary Budget Office and for a Board to oversee the structure and conditions of service of personnel of the Office; and
- Providing norms and standards for amending money Bills before provincial legislatures.
Public hearings will be conducted at Parliament, on Wednesday, 02 August 2017.
Electronic Copies of the bill will be available from the Parliamentary website from 10 July 2017. This will also be published in the government gazette on 10 July 2017. Hard copies can be collected from the committee secretaries.
Written submissions and your request to make oral presentation must be received by no later that 12H00 on Wednesday, 26 July 2017.
Written submissions must be directed to the Committee Secretaries, Mr Allen Wicomb, workstation 3/157 Third Floor, 90 Plein Street, Cape Town, 8000 or firstname.lastname@example.org tel no. (021) 403-3759 or fax 086 657 4896 and Ms Teboho Sepanya workstation 3/060 Third Floor, 90 Plein Street, Cape Town, 8000 or email@example.com tel no. (021)403-3738 or fax 086 592 5256.
Issued by Hon. YI Carrim, MP, Chairperson: Standing Committee on Finance and Hon. Y Phoswa, MP, Chairperson: Standing Committee on Appropriations.