Have Your Say: The Legal Practice Amendment Bill [B11–2017]
Submissions and Hearings
The Portfolio Committee on Justice and Correctional Services invites stakeholders and interested persons to submit written submissions on the Legal Practice Amendment Bill [B11 – 2017]:
The purpose of the Legal Practice Amendment Bill is to:
- amend the Legal Practice Act, 2014, so as to further regulate the prescription of the areas of jurisdiction of the Provincial Councils;
- provide that only practising legal practitioners may perform certain acts or render certain services;
- further regulate the duties of banks in respect of trust accounts;
- further regulate the duration of the National Forum on the Legal Profession;
- further provide for the functions of the National Forum on the Legal Profession;
- further provide for the dissolution date of the law societies; and
- provide for matters connected therewith.
Submissions must be received by no later than 28 July 2017. Please indicate your interest in making a verbal presentation. Public hearings will be held in Parliament.
Submissions and enquiries must be directed to Mr V Ramaano, Portfolio Committee on Justice and Correctional Services, 3rd Floor, 90 Plein Street, Cape Town, 8000 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copies of the Bill may be obtained from Mr V Ramaano, tel: (021) 403-3820 or 083 709 8427 or www.parliament.gov.za
Issued by Hon. Dr Mathole Motshekga, MP, Chairperson: PC on Justice and Correctional Services