Have Your Say: The Draft Constitution Eighteenth Amendment Bill [B – 2019]
Further submissions on the Draft Constitution Eighteenth Amendment Bill
In December 2019 and January 2020, the ad hoc Committee to Initiate and Introduce Legislation Amending Section 25 of the Constitution invited stakeholders and interested persons to submit written submissions on the Draft Constitution Eighteenth Amendment Bill [B – 2019]. The committee received and deliberated on proposals received from members of the public. The committee requests further submissions on proposals to amend the Constitution so as to provide that:
- Where land and any improvements thereon are expropriated for the purposes of land reform, the amount of compensation payable may be nil;
- That national legislation must provide circumstances where the amount of compensation is nil;
- Land should be a common heritage of all citizens that the state must safeguard for future generations;
- Conditions should be fostered to enable state custodianship of certain land in order for citizens to gain access to land on an equitable basis; and
- To provide for matters connected therewith.
The ad hoc committee requests written submissions on the above proposed amendments.
Submissions must be received by no later than 13 August 2021. Submissions and enquiries must be directed to Mr V Ramaano: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Copies of the Bill may be obtained from Mr V Ramaano, tel: (021) 403-3820 or 083 709 8427 or www.parliament.gov.za
Issued by Hon. Dr Mathole Motshekga, MP, Chairperson: ad hoc committee to initiate and introduce legislation amending section 25 of the Constitution