Request for Nominations: Appointment of Three Members to the Board of the Media Development and Diversity Agency
Institutions and/or individuals are hereby invited to nominate persons to fill three vacancies of non-executive members in the Board of the Media Development and Diversity Agency, in terms of section 4 of the Media Development and Diversity Agency Act, No 14 of 2002.
The MDDA was created to enable “historically disadvantaged communities and persons not adequately served by the media” to gain access to the media. Its beneficiaries are community media and small commercial media.
A Board member will be:
- A person who is committed to fairness, freedom of expression, openness and accountability
- Representative of a broad cross-section of the population of the Republic and possess suitable qualifications, expertise and experience in the fields of, amongst others:
- Community Media;
- Social, Labour and Development issues;
- Economics, Financial Management and Funding;
- Advertising and Marketing; Journalism and Broadcast Programming;
- Media Research;
- Media Training, Literacy and Education;
- Media Law;
- and Information and Communication Technology policy; or any other related expertise or qualifications.
- Nominees must also be South African citizens permanently residing in the Republic.
Written nominations must contain the full name and address of the institution and/or individual making the nomination, the nominee’s signed acceptance of the nomination and his/her Curriculum Vitae, providing at least the following information:
- Full name, ID number and gender • Contact address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail address
- Previous experience (quoting dates and organisations concerned)
- Certified copies of academic qualifications and identity document.
Nominations and enquiries must be addressed to the Portfolio Committee on Communications (Attention: Mr Thembinkosi Ngoma, Committee Secretary), 3rd Floor, 90 Plein Street, Cape Town, 8000 or emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 0865225740. Telephonic enquiries can be made to (021) 403 3733 or 0837098407.
Closing date for nominations: Friday, 30 June 2017 at 16:00.
Please note that nominees will be subjected to a qualifications check and security clearance. Late submissions will not be considered. Candidates who had previously applied need not re-apply.
Issued by Mr Humphrey Maxegwana, MP: Chairperson, PC on Communications.