Request for Nominations Appointment of Four (4) Members to the Board of the Media Development and Diversity Agency (MDDA)
Institutions and/or individuals are hereby invited to nominate persons to fill four (4) vacancies of non-executive members in the Board of the Media Development and Diversity Agency, in terms of section 4 of the Media Development and Diversity Agency Act, No 14 of 2002.
The MDDA was created to enable “historically disadvantaged communities and persons not adequately served by the media” to gain access to the media. Its beneficiaries are community media and small commercial media.
A Board member will be:
- A person who is committed to fairness, freedom of expression, openness and accountability
- Representative of a broad cross-section of the population of the Republic and possess suitable qualifications, expertise and experience in the fields of, amongst others: Community Media; Social, Labour and Development issues; Media; Economics, Financial Management and Funding; Advertising and
Marketing; Journalism and Broadcast Programming; Media Research; Media Training, Literacy and Education; Media Law; and Information and Communication Technology policy; or any other related expertise or qualifications. Nominees must also be South African citizens permanently residing in the Republic.
Written nominations must contain the full name and address of the institution and/or individual making the nomination, the nominee’s signed acceptance of the nomination and his/her Curriculum Vitae, providing at least the following information:
- Full name, ID number and gender
- Contact address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail address
- Previous experience (quoting dates and organisations concerned)
- Certified copies of academic qualifications and identity document.
Nominations and enquiries must be addressed to the Portfolio Committee on Communications (Attention: Mr Thembinkosi Ngoma, Committee Secretary), 3rd Floor, 90 Plein Street, Cape Town 8000 or emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 086 522 5740. Telephonic enquiries can be made to 021 403 3733 or 083 709 8407.
Closing date for nominations: Friday, 14 February 2020 at 16:00. Please note that nominees will be subjected to a qualifications check and security clearance. Late submissions will not be considered.
Candidates who previously applied should re-apply as previous nominations will not be considered.
Issued by Mr BM Maneli, MP: Chairperson, PC on Communications.