Have Your Say: Cybercrimes Bill [B 6b-2017] (National Assembly– Sec 75)
The Select Committee on Security and Justice invites stakeholders and interested persons to submit written submissions on the Cybercrimes Bill [B 6B-2017] (National Assembly– sec 75).
The Cybercrimes Bill seeks, amongst other matters, to:
- create offences which have a bearing on cybercrime;
- criminalise the distribution of data messages which are harmful and to provide for interim protection orders;
- further regulate jurisdiction in respect of cybercrimes;
- further regulate the powers to investigate cybercrimes;
- further regulate aspects relating to mutual assistance in respect of the investigation of cybercrime;
- provide for the establishment of a designated Point of Contact;
- further provide for the proof of certain facts by affidavit;
- impose obligations to report cybercrimes;
- provide for capacity building; and
- provide that the Executive may enter into agreements with foreign States to promote measures aimed at the detection, prevention, mitigation and investigation of cybercrimes amongst other matters.
Written submissions must be received by no later than 8 March 2019.
Request for copies of the Bill, written submissions and enquiries must be directed to Mr G Dixon, Select Committee on Security and Justice, 3rd Floor, Office 133, 90 Plein Street, Cape Town, 8001 or emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 086 658 9371.
Issued by Hon. SG Mthimunye, MP, Chairperson: Select Committee on Security and Justice.